Oh! I must tell you this!

Ok, so last night (Friday), I went to Esplanade to watch Maadihul Mustafa perform. Which, by the way, was... subhanallaaaaahhhh.... They were just so.. harmonious. The last time I heard something as harmonious as this was from the Osmond brothers (2nd generation) acapella on the Oprah Show.. a few years back.

Maadihul Mustafa's vocalists are... subhanallah~ ahh.. see? I can't even get a correct word to describe. 'Subhanallah' is all I can manage.. :)

But this is not what I want to tell you. What I need to share with is that... I saw that the Ice Cube Cafe serves alcohol! Such a blow, man, when I passed the restaurant, half-considering that I would probably have ice cream while waiting for Aqila. First, I noticed 2 patrons at the table outside.. with Tiger Beer jug. I was like, eh? Isn't Ice Cube Cafe halal? My eyes searched the restaurant's glass door. No MUIS logo. And that's when I saw a dispenser of some sort bearing the logo of the well-known alcoholic beverage.

Hmmm... it must have withdrawn its halal status long ago. *sigh* Too bad.. Too bad.. I hope the branch at Bedok Library is still Halal...?

Okay, never mind, Liyana, there's still Swensens and the Oliyve Cafe @Changi Village.

0 comments: