the long piece of 'sharing' written in 2009

 
The editor (Sir Kamar, maybe?) managed to squeezed it to one page!

Finally got to see the final product in the school's Celebrating 100th Year magazine. It was distributed during the Maulid function held at Expo last year. I heard from an ex-classmate that people had to purchase it, though. So I am still not sure if it was given to guests for free or not. Anyway, I didn't attend the event, but prior to it, Sir Kamar emailed some of us that cikgu Katijah already reserved a copy for each. (I think contributors to the magazine got it FOC. ^_^). When I met her, cikgu commented that my piece had good content, BUT it was long-winded, beating about the bush. They had trouble trying to cut it short! Yikes, I thought then, typical me.

 
Love, love, love the phrase at the bottom! Somehow, the Arabic version of "Our Heritage, Our Pride" rings nicer on my lips and heart.

A few seniors also contributed. One of them was... =)



The fact was, yeah, I didn't remember about my 'sharing' til I flipped thru the pages of the magazine and saw my name. And this was what I felt:



It seems like many years ago. Almost a dream. Yet, the words were true when I penned them.. I like to think I have not failed, just lost track since the beginning of 2010. So this piece somewhat serves as a motivation.. reminding me of what I thought, felt, believed and hoped at that point of time. Those life lessons that I had forgotten, I thank God for having written them down in an attempt to share with my juniors the little things I had come to know about life beyond our school walls. I seldom articulate my thought processes, I seldom journal personal events that happened, so, many are buried deep or disappeared. Therefore I am glad I have this chunk of memory, paragraph-by-paragraph, to re-visit every now and then.

On that note, I would like to share this write-up with you, version un-cut (and has grammatical errors! boo-hoo). Click on the link below.

Of Hard Knocks, Blessings And Growing Up :: A Sharing ::
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlqa1gsczxhsb6v/Article%20for%20Alsagoff%20-%20v.%20uncut.doc

My only request is, if along the road in the years to come, I get lost again or feel down or at crossroads, remind me about these lessons, will you?

0 comments: