being a tutor.

my aunt asked me to teach her daughter math, to prepare her for the PSLE.

yeah, right. as if im qualified n patient enough to teach.

but im glad to do it, anyway!

the problem is, i dont know whether whatever that i teach will stick in her head until the end of this year.

another problem is, im the kind of person who cakap/exlain berbelit-belit. so, most of the time, people dont understand what im trying to convey.

the other problem is that, im not organized and do things right to the last minute.

like just now. i was supposed to be ready for my first lesson since last sunday. so i had, like, 6 days to prepare: set the materials, arrange them, determine which part of the lesson to start first, strategize..

it was ok, i guess. the thing is, my cousin ni da ada tuition dgn mendaki. n our 'appointment' is 2h 30 min after her mendaki tuition. takut dia lose concentration je..

ibunya pula semangat belikan assessment books. that's the other thing i worry about. she may not be rajin enough to carefully read those revision books and practise what she's learnt..beli buku assessment banyak2 tapi tk digunakan sgt buat apa??

so, it is my job to encourage n motivate her, n make sure that she does the exercises regularly.

other than math, im going to try teaching her english n science. not that im very good at both of the subjects.. n im trying to figure out the best way to teach her those subjects..you know, to get the info n facts into her long-term memory. and to make sure she understands the concepts and experiments..

i know i must help her. i will be guilty if i dont help her. yelah, kita ada kelebihan, tkkn nk simpan sendiri.. cuba ajar dan pass kemahiran yg kita ada kepada org lain..

i remembered substituting for ust faridah last year. she teaches at madrasah mingguan masjid abdul aleem siddique. one day, she was unable to come coz she was sick. i was suprised when she called me. yelah, tk pernah2.. dah lah me tk pernah mengajar budak2 luar. then, she told me pelajar2 tu semuanye remaja. haiz~~ so, me tanye ust macam2! didnt want to miss anything that might be important.

hehe~ gabrah pon ade jugak ah..

and so, hari tu: ok ar...weird jugak..tk kenal sape2 kt situ, except for satu kakak ex-sagoff ni. me sampai siang. sampai sana langsung tkde org..so me duduk kt bustop dulu. 15-20 min went by baru me masuk perkarangan wehdah balik. yep, kelasnye diadakan di bangunan wehdah..

errr... me malas ar nk cerita panjang2. kisah nie dah lama pon. so, dipendekkan cerita, it went ok. except for a few older n bored students who obviously came to kill time, the other students were 'sporting'. =) cakap pasal older students tu, diorang tu mat2 yang mungkin ibu2 diorang suruh dtg..jadi diorang duduk satu corner. i even said to the class, "sape yg tkde mood nk belajar, duduk kt belakang ye.. n buat hal korang sendiri."

kelas tu campur lelaki n perempuan, so diri ni agak teruji laaa.. tp me mmg sungguh tk heran pasal mat2 tu semua.. tp ada jugak pelajar lain yg cute! HAHAHAHAHAHA.. *ish! sampai ke situ plak kau ni!* pelajar perempuan ok je.. mmg ada la yg tk enthusiastic, tp gasak diorang la..

fyi, the class started at 8 am if im not mistaken (it was a SUNDAY! kena keluar rumah pukul 6 lebih!!!) n ada dua kelas. satu kelas pukul 8-10.30, lagi satu 10.30-1. ada termasuk rehat sekali ar... i liked the first class better. masa second class tu, me dapat berbual dgn pelajar2 perempuan pasal isu tudung, aurat.. it was good la.. i got to share my opinion n advice with them. i hope they got the message, even if it's little.

it was tiring of course, by 10 something, my voice became hoarse (or is it 'coarse'?? is there such a word?). fuyo! susah sey...nk kena cakap loudly so the students tk doze off.. nk kena dapatkn perhatian diorang pon susah jugak. haiz~~ frankly speaking, my classmates are better than them!

on that day, baru me betul2 sedar betapa susahnye jadi guru. yep. i can just imagine..

anyway, anyway, anyway... i hope i can make a difference by helping my cousin.. i hope i'll make a good job. *sigh* seriously, i still think this teaching stuff is not my cup of tea. i told my friends that!

0 comments: